My crazy boys!

My crazy boys!

Wednesday, 3 February 2010

Funerals and knitting



Ben's Grandma's husband died, not last Saturday, but the Saturday before that. He's been ill in a home for ages. I'm just glad he's not in pain any more. I feel for Ben's grandma. She had been visiting him daily to feed him - now she has nothing to form her day around. She looked old at the funeral. She looked tired. She's talking about moving to a retirement village. She's always been such an independent lady. I hope she stays strong. Her first husband, Ben's Granddad died before I knew Ben, the funeral must bring back sad memories. She wants to move away from Marple, all her friends have died now.

I have taken up knitting again and have knitted my first scarf - the first useful thing I have knitted so far! I gave it to Denise who taught me how to knit and has given me such inspiration and been such a good friend to me. She wears it every day - I'm so glad she likes it. Must try and put a picture on here. I have made a second scarf and I've started my third. I'm thinking Christmas presents already!

I have a new tall greenhouse to erect when the frost goes and some more windowsill propagators just need some more compost. I think that will be my mission for tomorrow. I also need some timber to make a raised veg patch. I'm planning:
Courgettes
Parsnips
Beetroot
Jerusalem artichokes
Pumpkin
Tomatoes
Garlic

Not sure what else yet. I have some Jerusalem Artichoke tubers off Freecycle so that will be interesting! Oh and potatoes again. Not sure, but I think my Christmas spuds have probably died with the snow and frost.

No comments:

Post a Comment