It's been ages since I wrote. I'm stuck at home again today, not that I'd planned too much anyway, but have BOTH boys off sick today, high temp sore throat and dodgy tummy. Both sitting very quietly with Nintendo DS games on the go.
Ben's Grandma's husband died on Saturday afternoon. He'd been ill in a home for a couple of years, I think it's a relief that he's no longer in pain. The biggest concerns are for Ben's grandma, she's in her 80's and has a heart condition. The funeral is on 1st February.
I have taken up knitting again, it stops me from eating :) I have knitted a scarf for my friend Denise - she taught me how to knit last year. It's the first practical thing I've made. I'm already 2 thirds through making a second one. I'm thinking Christmas presents :)
My friend that is expecting twins is having real problems with her husband. Apart from constantly letting the children down by not turning up to see them, he's not paying maintenance and has been quite nasty with her, saying he is going to try and get half of the house - which she'd had for years before they met. Have been trying to get her to go to the solicitor and start divorce proceedings but she's reluctant because of the effect it might have on the girls. I have no experience in all of this, but I can't even look at him if I see him, he makes me so mad. Just hearing the youngest daughter asking when daddy is coming and crying when she's left at school. It breaks my heart, don't like to think how it's affecting my friend.
I'm also getting ready for gardening - have some seeds to plant indoors and some garlic plants and jerusalem artichoke tubers. I have plans for a raised veg patch for short veg, (in front of kitchen window) and expanding the border to the right of the lawn and tidying that up. Ben is still very busy with PTT work so I won't get much help from him just yet - maybe I'll save him some of the harder stuff. Anyway, I want my kitchen floor tiled soon!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment