Today is the third day off school for the boys coz of the snow/ice. Tuesday I made it to school, the blizzard started as I got to the end of my road, the roads were white over at school and the head said he thought they'd be shut by lunchtime. In fact they were shut by 9am so I'm glad we went straight back home.
Yesterday we had a text from school at 6.45 am to say school was shut! Yippee! And Ben wasn't working either so we had the whole day at home, some of it in the snow. Last night we had a text to say they were hoping to open, but just as I'd cleared the car of snow and ice, I got a text to say it was too icy on the roads up to school, (it is in the middle of nowhere) so yet again, school was shut. I'm hoping it's shut tomorrow too, I don't fancy going out in it!
So we've made ginger biscuits, made snowmen, thrown snowballs, drank hot chocolate with tiny marshmallows on top, walked in the snow, played in the snow, thawed indoors, and been on Facebook. Later today we will wrap up warm to walk to Aaron's guitar lesson, it's not far so that should be nice.
I'm hoping Ben will get back from work ok. He's over in Repton again. He has a meeting after work too, so I don't know if I'll still be awake when he gets back.
Aaron has struggled a bit with the snow. he has too much energy built up when he's stuck indoors and he doesn't seem to know where to direct it. So ben took him for a walk to the shops yesterday and he'll have a good walk today to his guitar lesson and I think he'll go to Youth Club again. Although that might mean walking both ways twice!
I think nearly all of those ginger biscuits have gone, I might have to make more!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment