My crazy boys!

My crazy boys!

Wednesday, 13 January 2010

All schools closed except ours :)

Well, I woke feeling snottier than ever, eyes hot and no voice. Thankfully Ben has a late start so he said he'd take the boys in. We had a text about 8.15 saying school was open, but roads and paths icy so to take care, especially on the paths. Ben said, no probs, I'll still take them. Just as he was leaving another text. If you haven't already left for school, come in for 10am. Ben said I'm leaving now anyway! Boys were in the car anyway. Text at 9am said, reports of the roads were bad, it's up to you if you want to come in. Ben had already left. So of course I'm worrying now that he's had an accident. I text him and asked him to let me know when he got to school. He arrived home 5 mins later. Roads were fine, but the paths were very slippery. So some peace anyway! All other local schools shut I think.

Ben has been doing some studying downstairs so it has been very quiet. He has to finish his Pre Theological Training portfolio, getting most of it done for a fortnights time. Awaiting a date in May for his final panel then hopefully he's off to St John's in Nottingham.

Aaron and Noah did really well at swimming. It sounds like no one went last week. I mentioned to the receptionist about Aaron's noises and she told his instructor, Mandy. Mandy said she'd probably have to pack her bags for the funny farm by the time she'd finished his lesson. Yeah right, how do you think I feel? But she said it in humour. Noah managed to get his 5 metres no arm bands on his front and both got their Floats and Glides Skill towards their skills badge. So proud of them!

I'm still not sure what to do about swimming lessons in September. We will have next to no income if Ben is doing Theological Training and both boys will be doing swimming at school. I know it's never as good at school, but at least it's something. I'd like them both to be able to swim 50 metres before they stop. That's on their front and their back, and they may do that by September.

I've managed to get an earlier swimming lesson too for the 2 of them. Six forty in the evening was too late. by the time they'd swam, got dressed and we'd driven the 30 mins home, it was 8pm! Now we will probably have to leave straight from school to get there for 4.55pm, but at least we'll be home at a decent time.

Hmm, Ben is at work when I have to pick the boys up, so I can either ask a friend to do it, or hope that I feel well enough to do it myself. Have plenty of time yet...

No comments:

Post a Comment